The Learning Room is located in a bright yellow, sunny office inside the CEED Centre at 11739 223 Street, Maple Ridge.
Visitors to the Learning Room will find:
- Library of reading materials for children and adults (for loan or to take away)
- Common government publications and forms (and assistance filling them out)
- FREE computer and internet access (on a CAP site)
- Helpful Literacy Hosts who can assist as required with literacy issues.
Become a Learner!
Do you know an adult who would like to improve their reading and writing skills? Learners are encouraged to stop by, connect with the Literacy Outreach Facilitator or a Literacy Volunteer, and explore the many resources on hand, all while enjoying a cup of coffee.
Tutors can help Learners who wish to:
- get a driver’s license
- write a work-related test
- obtain a high school diploma
- enjoy a newspaper or good book
- read with their young child
- practice their English conversation skills
- complete their taxes
- fill out forms
About our tutoring
One-to-one tutoring is available to anyone who wants to work on their reading and writing skills. Whatever your personal goal, we can match you with a tutor who will work to help you toward achieving it.
Our CLC tutors are a wonderful group of caring, compassionate and friendly people from all walks of life that have undergone a training program to help them be effective teachers. Ongoing gatherings for tutors offer the opportunity to share successes and brainstorm approaches to teaching.
To learn more about how our tutoring program works or to be connected with a Literacy Tutor, call 604.721.3738 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.