Literacy impacts everyone. When low literacy prevents people from fully participating in society, quality of life and standard of living is reduced for all.
Strong literacy skills help individuals:
- Access better employment opportunities
- Achieve a higher income
- Gain higher workplace productivity
- Improve personal health
- Become more actively engaged citizens
- Build more resilient communities
When literacy levels are improved in the workplace, employers experience:
- Increased productivity
- Decreased workplace accidents
- Improved waste prevention
- Increased customer retention
- Decreased turnover and absenteeism
Whether you are an individual or a business, it makes sense to become Part of the Solution by supporting literacy in your community. Want to learn more about getting involved in the Part of the Solutions Campaign? Check out this Request for Business Partners or give a Literacy Outreach Coordinator a call at 604.466.6275.
Partner with the CLC to become Part of the Solution and realize benefits for both our organizations!