Pre-School Literacy Explorer Kits
AVAILABLE TO BORROW NOW
Pre-school literacy explorer kits are available. These kits are designed to help parents introduce simple ideas around reading, writing, and math into their day-to-day activities.
The kits are one outcome of an ongoing collaborative Family Literacy Work Group that identified in 2012 that many parents don’t know how to “teach” their pre-school children basic literacy skills. The group put their heads together and determined that they wanted two types of tools or kits:
- one kit for family service providers that made weaving literacy activities into daily programming easy and that showcased how parents could adapt activities at home; and,
- a second kit for parents that help them learn about simple literacy activities that they could do with their children at home.
These comprehensive kits include:
- Instructions on how introduce and do activities
- Resources and tools to do activity
- Consumables needed
Kits can be borrowed from Childcare Resource and Referral (CCRR) for free (with a membership).*
To borrow a kit call, the CCRR 604.467.2273
For Information on this Family Literacy Work Group, contact Angie McLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 721 3738
Family Literacy Work Group Partners
* Family membership is $5 per year and Agency / Daycare memberships are $20 per year.